Today Sony revealed its plans to drop the price of PlayStation Vita to 19,980 yen beginning Feb. 28 on both wi-fi and 3G models.
The news, announced by SCEJ President Hiroshi Kawano during today's Vita Heaven stream, relates only to Japanese PS Vita devices. PlayStation Vita devices were previously priced at 24,980 yen within the country.
Polygon has contacted Sony regarding a potential drop in price outside of Japan.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Beast Mode (Thurs 24 April)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Titanfall less addictive than previous/similar games?
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: What? (Wed 23 April)
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Game freezes at the starting screen, launch error
- Changing Posting Name
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)