Today Sony revealed its plans to drop the price of PlayStation Vita to 19,980 yen beginning Feb. 28 on both wi-fi and 3G models.
The news, announced by SCEJ President Hiroshi Kawano during today's Vita Heaven stream, relates only to Japanese PS Vita devices. PlayStation Vita devices were previously priced at 24,980 yen within the country.
Polygon has contacted Sony regarding a potential drop in price outside of Japan.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- PS+ & Stryder
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Tell Us Your Story
- RIP Friends List?
- What's the deal with DS2: Sunken Crown walkthrough?