Gamescom organizers announced today that fans of the annual trade show, held in Cologne, Germany, will be able to pick up a limited number of tickets granting them access to the Trade Visitors and Media Day during this year's event.
The Trade Visitors and Media Day is typically held the day before Gamescom opens its doors to the public, letting press, developers and other industry professionals conduct business before the show's thousands of attendees arrive. Next week, when tickets to the show go on sale, fans will be able to buy a "Wild Card" ticket (which will be in "strictly limited" supply) which will allow them access to to the show during the typically industry-only day.
One caveat — in order to be eligible for the Wild Card ticket, purchasers need to already be subscribed to the Gamescom newsletter. Anyone who subscribed from yesterday, Feb. 17 and before will receive a code allowing them to access the storefront where the ticket will be on sale. Anyone who hasn't already subscribed is out of luck.
Gamescom 2013 will run August 21-25 later this year. Whether you grab a Wild Card or not, you'll be able to follow along with all the news as Polygon covers the show.
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- You can pre-order this beautiful $365 Metroid statue starting today
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- Sherlock Holmes shooting at Watson is just the beginning of this 25 minute gameplay trailer