Today's entry in Sony's PlayStation Evolution retrospective series focuses on PlayStation-exclusive games through the years, and the ways in which those titles expanded the video game medium's scope and audience.
The video mentions the Gran Turismo series and its origins on the original PlayStation, where it brought in car enthusiasts with its simulation racing. It also points out Sony Computer Entertainment's history of delivering unique gaming experiences like Ico, Shadow of the Colossus, Journey and LittleBigPlanet.
"PlayStation, more than any other platform, is striving to change how we experience games," says the narrator. We're expecting to see the next step in that philosophy with tomorrow's rumored unveiling of Sony's next console.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Reconsidering Columbine
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (September 2014)