Today's entry in Sony's PlayStation Evolution retrospective series focuses on PlayStation-exclusive games through the years, and the ways in which those titles expanded the video game medium's scope and audience.
The video mentions the Gran Turismo series and its origins on the original PlayStation, where it brought in car enthusiasts with its simulation racing. It also points out Sony Computer Entertainment's history of delivering unique gaming experiences like Ico, Shadow of the Colossus, Journey and LittleBigPlanet.
"PlayStation, more than any other platform, is striving to change how we experience games," says the narrator. We're expecting to see the next step in that philosophy with tomorrow's rumored unveiling of Sony's next console.
In This StoryStream
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Scrolling front page - can't access bottom banner
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- Looking for Game Suggestions
- Game contoller for PC
- inFamous Screenshot Potluck Extravaganza!
- Is Polygon Live discontinued?