Today's entry in Sony's PlayStation Evolution retrospective series focuses on PlayStation-exclusive games through the years, and the ways in which those titles expanded the video game medium's scope and audience.
The video mentions the Gran Turismo series and its origins on the original PlayStation, where it brought in car enthusiasts with its simulation racing. It also points out Sony Computer Entertainment's history of delivering unique gaming experiences like Ico, Shadow of the Colossus, Journey and LittleBigPlanet.
"PlayStation, more than any other platform, is striving to change how we experience games," says the narrator. We're expecting to see the next step in that philosophy with tomorrow's rumored unveiling of Sony's next console.
In This StoryStream
- Polygon Off-Topic Weekender: We broke 1K! (8-9 March)
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Cheap Shark for Games?
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Square Goods @PS4 INVITE live 9pm pst
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- PS4 Now or Wait Till Price Drop & Gaikai?
- The controller: will it get fixed?
- Is there anyone who doesnt like Titanfall?