Today's entry in Sony's PlayStation Evolution retrospective series focuses on PlayStation-exclusive games through the years, and the ways in which those titles expanded the video game medium's scope and audience.
The video mentions the Gran Turismo series and its origins on the original PlayStation, where it brought in car enthusiasts with its simulation racing. It also points out Sony Computer Entertainment's history of delivering unique gaming experiences like Ico, Shadow of the Colossus, Journey and LittleBigPlanet.
"PlayStation, more than any other platform, is striving to change how we experience games," says the narrator. We're expecting to see the next step in that philosophy with tomorrow's rumored unveiling of Sony's next console.
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread: Double Sabre - Fri Aug 22
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- 'Goodbye Polygon,' said Frushtick
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Games with great Sound Design
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)
- Anime You Might Not Have Tried/Heard of #9