People outside Electronic Arts and Battlefield developer DICE are getting their first peek at Battlefield 4, according to a tweet from GameStop attributed to the company's CEO.
"Got to see Battlefield 4 today and all I can say is WOW!" reads a tweet thanking publisher EA for a sneak peek at the forthcoming shooter. "Can't wait for you all to see it." EA's official Twitter account later reposted the tweet in what reads like a planned tease of more information on the next Battlefield.
The timing of the tweet, one day before Sony's PlayStation Meeting in New York City on Feb. 20, may be telling of EA's plans to officially unveil the game to a wide audience. EA's Origin service is currently offering discounts on a number of Battlefield games and expansions.
EA officially confirmed the existence of Battlefield 4 in summer 2012, revealing plans to release a beta of the game sometime in fall 2013.
Battlefield 3 (pictured above) was first released in October 2011. The game's fifth and final downloadable expansion, End Game, is slated for release in March.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: M! (Wed 16 Apr)
- Contest Resumes: Infamous: Second Son - Win a statue of Delsin Rowe
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol.2, No.7: Warai, Warai!
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Where's Polygon? (Tue 15 Apr)
- The Secret Ending (spoilers)
- The best song in a video game?
- Gamertag Hook-Ups
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- Pax East: Bring us your Polygon Scavenger Hunt photos, Vines and stories
- Daggerfall players