People outside Electronic Arts and Battlefield developer DICE are getting their first peek at Battlefield 4, according to a tweet from GameStop attributed to the company's CEO.
"Got to see Battlefield 4 today and all I can say is WOW!" reads a tweet thanking publisher EA for a sneak peek at the forthcoming shooter. "Can't wait for you all to see it." EA's official Twitter account later reposted the tweet in what reads like a planned tease of more information on the next Battlefield.
The timing of the tweet, one day before Sony's PlayStation Meeting in New York City on Feb. 20, may be telling of EA's plans to officially unveil the game to a wide audience. EA's Origin service is currently offering discounts on a number of Battlefield games and expansions.
EA officially confirmed the existence of Battlefield 4 in summer 2012, revealing plans to release a beta of the game sometime in fall 2013.
Battlefield 3 (pictured above) was first released in October 2011. The game's fifth and final downloadable expansion, End Game, is slated for release in March.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Do Polynauts dream of analog sheep? (Fri 7 Mar)
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Dracul: Now not a Dick
- When Gameplay coincides with the story
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Welcome to the Polygon Community!
- Which FPS are you most looking forward to in 2014?
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 100% Complete (Thu 6 Mar)