People outside Electronic Arts and Battlefield developer DICE are getting their first peek at Battlefield 4, according to a tweet from GameStop attributed to the company's CEO.
"Got to see Battlefield 4 today and all I can say is WOW!" reads a tweet thanking publisher EA for a sneak peek at the forthcoming shooter. "Can't wait for you all to see it." EA's official Twitter account later reposted the tweet in what reads like a planned tease of more information on the next Battlefield.
The timing of the tweet, one day before Sony's PlayStation Meeting in New York City on Feb. 20, may be telling of EA's plans to officially unveil the game to a wide audience. EA's Origin service is currently offering discounts on a number of Battlefield games and expansions.
EA officially confirmed the existence of Battlefield 4 in summer 2012, revealing plans to release a beta of the game sometime in fall 2013.
Battlefield 3 (pictured above) was first released in October 2011. The game's fifth and final downloadable expansion, End Game, is slated for release in March.
- Accused Airbnb squatter: 'Would squat again'
- The 'Mad Max: Fury Road' trailer is the most impressive thing to come out of Comic-Con
- San Diego Comic-Con 2014: All the news from pop culture's biggest event
- The Last of Us review update: Remastered on PS4
- Lucy Lawless: New Wonder Woman looks like 'Xena meets Spartacus'
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27
- RIP Friends List?
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Really Horrible