Today's broadcast of PBS NewsHour takes a look at the ongoing debate surrounding gun violence in the United States and what role violent media, specifically video games, might have in connection to violent behavior.
The segment is part of PBS's weeklong special "After Newtown," and features interviews with researchers, special interest groups, journalists and young video game players. PBS NewsHour focuses on recent violent games in its segment, including Grand Theft Auto 4, Hitman Absolution and Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, what effect that violent content may have on agression and the marketing of those games to underage players.
PBS NewsHour's piece is a well-balanced look at violent video games and ongoing research.
In This StoryStream
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepare to Die (Tues 11 Mar)
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Just about ready to cash in my pre-order......
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- The Last of US DLC
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Why no wireless chat with Xbox One Headsets?
- Mobile Marketing Tips
- This is why we can't have nice things.