Today's broadcast of PBS NewsHour takes a look at the ongoing debate surrounding gun violence in the United States and what role violent media, specifically video games, might have in connection to violent behavior.
The segment is part of PBS's weeklong special "After Newtown," and features interviews with researchers, special interest groups, journalists and young video game players. PBS NewsHour focuses on recent violent games in its segment, including Grand Theft Auto 4, Hitman Absolution and Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, what effect that violent content may have on agression and the marketing of those games to underage players.
PBS NewsHour's piece is a well-balanced look at violent video games and ongoing research.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Beast Mode (Thurs 24 April)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: What? (Wed 23 April)
- Titanfall less addictive than previous/similar games?
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Game freezes at the starting screen, launch error
- Changing Posting Name
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)