Today's broadcast of PBS NewsHour takes a look at the ongoing debate surrounding gun violence in the United States and what role violent media, specifically video games, might have in connection to violent behavior.
The segment is part of PBS's weeklong special "After Newtown," and features interviews with researchers, special interest groups, journalists and young video game players. PBS NewsHour focuses on recent violent games in its segment, including Grand Theft Auto 4, Hitman Absolution and Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, what effect that violent content may have on agression and the marketing of those games to underage players.
PBS NewsHour's piece is a well-balanced look at violent video games and ongoing research.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Tell Us Your Story
- RIP Friends List?
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Wait. Could the iPad Mini be a better gaming handheld than the PSVita?
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)
- Hi, nice to meet you.