Killzone: Shadow Fall, the next entry in the PlayStation-exclusive first-person shooter franchise, is scheduled to be a PlayStation 4 launch title, Guerrilla Games' Hermen Hulst revealed during the PlayStation Meeting 2013 today.
Shadow Fall is set 30 years after the events of Killzone 3 and features a new hero. The two rifting factions from the previous Killzone titles, the Helghast and the Vektans, live alongside each other in a city divided by a wall.
"Tensions are high, and the cold war they are embroiled in is about to go hot," senior producer Steven ter Heide said on the PlayStation Blog. "In the midst of this all stands a Shadow Marshal, you. The most special of the special forces, tasked with maintaining the delicate balance.
"From responding to bold attacks, to quiet infiltrations or all out combat, you will be required to adapt and think on your feet as you have to face a variety of escalating events that could destroy your home world."
Guerrilla Games also has another upcoming title in the franchise: Killzone: Mercenary is scheduled to launch on the PS Vita this September.
The Killzone franchise saw its first release with Killzone in 2004 for the PlayStation 2, followed by Killzone 2 and Killzone 3 for PlayStation 3 in 2009 and 2011, respectively.
Guerrilla presented a live gameplay demo titled "Attack on Vekta City" during Killzone Shadow Fall's reveal, and used the PlayStation 4 controller's share button to upload the footage directly to Facebook.
In This StoryStream
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Weekend at Pokégon's: Open Thread - Aug 23-24
- Anime You Might Not Have Tried/Heard of #9
- Let's See Your Photo Mode Snaps From The Last of Us!
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread: Double Sabre - Fri Aug 22
- Female representation in gaming
- 'Goodbye Polygon,' said Frushtick
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League