The straight-to-DVD Company of Heroes film, based on the THQ game franchise of the same name, is still underway with a North American release date of Feb. 26, followed by a European release on March 25, a Sony Pictures Home Entertainment representative told Polygon.
The upcoming film will be available on Blu-ray and DVD formats, with two behind-the-scenes featurettes and a deleted scene included. "In the Trenches: Filming Company of Heroes," will offer a look at how the filmmakers transformed a video game into a movie, while "Fabricating World War II" takes a look at the weapons and vehicles used in the making of the historically-set film.
Company of Heroes is directed by Don Michael Paul, the man behind Lake Placid: The Final Chapter and 2007 release Who's Your Caddy? The film stars Tom Sizemore, Vinnie Jones, Neal McDonough, Jurgen Prochnow and Chad Collins as a group of soldiers attempting to make a raid on the center of Nazi Germany to stop Hitler from creating an atomic super weapon.
Earlier in January, Sega purchased the formerly THQ-owned Relic Entertainment, developer of the Company of Heroes series, in order to reinforce PC game development capabilities.
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- The studio that made Tony Hawk's Pro Skater closed, here's its billion-dollar story
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- How the Model T convinced Nvidia to build a gaming-focused tablet
- Kickstarter suspends Ex-STALKER devs' Areal campaign, West Games turns to direct funding