Indie developer Laughing Jackal's action puzzle title OMG Zombies is now available for free through PlayStation Mobile, Sony announced in a post on the PlayStation Blog today.
OMG Zombies, an upgraded version of the developer's 2011 PlayStation Mini title OMG-Z, will be the last of six PlayStation Mobile titles released for free. PlayStation Vita owners can snag the title via the PlayStation Store's Mobile section. Players on PlayStation-certified devices, including Sony tablets and smartphones and HTC Android devices, can download OMG Zombies through the PlayStation Mobile Store.
The game sets players in a fictional city torn apart by an onslaught of the undead. Players must take out these zombies and flee the city, and the more combo attack chains players execute, the faster an escape route will clear. Progressing through levels will boosts attack potency and allow players to upgrade weapons and abilities.
In January, Sony announced it would release one free PlayStation Mobile game a week over a six-week period. Titles released include rhythm side-scroller Samurai Beatdown, the Beats Trellis music creation app, Laughing Jackal's action puzzler Cubixx, side-scrolling shooter Aqua Kitty and music-composing puzzler Beats Slider.
- The 'true' story of a Pokémon game that turns you into a murderer
- A guided tour of the 1 KB hard drive built inside Minecraft
- Do low game prices spell a 'mass extinction' for game developers?
- Fez developer Polytron hacked in ongoing game developer harassment effort
- Pokémon's Slowpoke has its own official reggae song