Shin Megami Tensei 4 will be released May 23, 2013 in Japan and will also receive a limited edition Nintendo 3DS XL bundle for the game, Famitsu reports.
The limited edition 3DS XL will include Shin Megami Tensei 4 pre-installed, like North American holiday bundles did with Super Mario 3D Land last year. Neither the price or the release date of the limited edition bundle were disclosed.
Atlus confirmed that the game was coming to 3DS last May. A profile from last September revealed that Shin Megami Tensei 4 would begin in a medieval-inspired setting but would eventually transport ancient samurais to a fantasy version of modern Tokyo filled with demons. To see how that translates to gameplay, you can check out a trailer from last year.
We've reached out to Atlus for information on whether the game or the limited edition 3DS are headed to other regions and will update this article as we receive more information.
Update: A representative from Atlus confirmed to Polygon that the limited edition 3DS XL is headed to Japan and that there "have been no announcements about plans outside of Japan."
- This is a video game (and it's the best thing ever)
- The Sims 4 gameplay video - 48 hours in the life of a Sim
- Here's your first look at Dead or Alive 5 Last Round on PS4 and Xbox One
- Nearly 1K developers sign letter to end intolerance in the games community (update)
- There is a human inside this insane Metal Gear cosplay