Braid developer Jonathan Blow will bring his next game, the 3D puzzle adventure The Witness, to PlayStation 4, Sony and Blow announced today.
PlayStation 4 will be the only console The Witness is on during the game's "release window," Blow said. The Witness was previously announced for release on Windows PC and iOS sometime in 2013. The developer's previous game, Braid, was launched as a timed exclusive for Xbox 360 and later came to PC and PS3.
Sony touted PS4 would continue to allow independent developers to self-publish their games on the console maker's next-generation platform.
The Witness was first announced in 2009, with a playable demo of the mysterious maze puzzle game first shown in 2010.
During today's PlayStation Meeting, Sony and Blow unveiled a new gameplay trailer for The Witness.
In This StoryStream
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 29
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Dancing Plante - Thu Aug 28
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Games with great Sound Design
- Where to buy?
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- On Being A "Gamer"