Braid developer Jonathan Blow will bring his next game, the 3D puzzle adventure The Witness, to PlayStation 4, Sony and Blow announced today.
PlayStation 4 will be the only console The Witness is on during the game's "release window," Blow said. The Witness was previously announced for release on Windows PC and iOS sometime in 2013. The developer's previous game, Braid, was launched as a timed exclusive for Xbox 360 and later came to PC and PS3.
Sony touted PS4 would continue to allow independent developers to self-publish their games on the console maker's next-generation platform.
The Witness was first announced in 2009, with a playable demo of the mysterious maze puzzle game first shown in 2010.
During today's PlayStation Meeting, Sony and Blow unveiled a new gameplay trailer for The Witness.
In This StoryStream
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri July 25
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Deals With Gold Weekly(?) Update
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Why you don't like this headline: Here's how a change in style guide might just be the most clicked click thing you've clicked today