At the Sony PlayStation Meeting 2013 today, Square Enix announced that a new Final Fantasy title is in the works for Sony's new PlayStation 4 console.
Square Enix CTO Yoshihasa Hashimoto took the stage at the PlayStation Meeting to explain how Square's powerful new Luminous Engine will work on the console. He introduced a "cinematic demo" on stage that seems to be the same Agni's Philosophy demo shown off at E3 last year.
Then Final Fantasy brand director Shinji Hashimoto briefly appeared on stage to announce a next-gen Final Fantasy title for the PlayStation 4. "Please be excited for E3 this year," Hashimoto said, presumably hinting at a reveal for the new game there.
In This StoryStream
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepared for Titanfall? (Mon 10 Mar)
- WTB physical DS2 for PC in US
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Getting a PS4
- Prepare for Titanfall (Xbox One)
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (March 2014)
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Polygon v1.9 - Article Redesign