At the Sony PlayStation Meeting 2013 today, Square Enix announced that a new Final Fantasy title is in the works for Sony's new PlayStation 4 console.
Square Enix CTO Yoshihasa Hashimoto took the stage at the PlayStation Meeting to explain how Square's powerful new Luminous Engine will work on the console. He introduced a "cinematic demo" on stage that seems to be the same Agni's Philosophy demo shown off at E3 last year.
Then Final Fantasy brand director Shinji Hashimoto briefly appeared on stage to announce a next-gen Final Fantasy title for the PlayStation 4. "Please be excited for E3 this year," Hashimoto said, presumably hinting at a reveal for the new game there.
In This StoryStream
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 1
- Share Button Use? Can you post to another service other than FaceBook?
- Frames Per Second FPS?? How to tell 60 vs 30?
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)
- Hi, nice to meet you.
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Looking for some good Players
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31