Diablo 3 will come to PlayStation 4 from Blizzard Entertainment, the company's senior vice president, story and franchise development Chris Metzen announced today at Sony's PlayStation Meeting.
The announcement is part of a "strategic partnership" between Blizzard and Sony Computer Entertainment, Metzen said. He also announced that Diablo 3 will come to the PlayStation 3 as well, which is already running on the current-gen console and "runs well and looks great," Metzen said.
Metzen says Diablo 3 has been customized to play on consoles, with a four-player, full-screen co-op mode for online and offline multiplayer. The hack-and-slash action RPG's user interface, customization, inventory and control over player avatars has been revamped for PS4.
The PS3 and PS4 versions of Diablo 3 will be based on the "core experience of the PC version," Blizzard said in an official announcement. The PlayStation versions will feature "an intuitive control scheme and a new dynamic camera perspective" in addition to currently available updates to the game, like customizable monster power and the Paragon leveling system.
Diablo 3 for PlayStation consoles will have a "formal debut" at PAX East in March, Blizzard said.
In This StoryStream
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: M! (Wed 16 Apr)
- Contest Resumes: Infamous: Second Son - Win a statue of Delsin Rowe
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol.2, No.7: Warai, Warai!
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Where's Polygon? (Tue 15 Apr)
- The Secret Ending (spoilers)
- The best song in a video game?
- Gamertag Hook-Ups
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- Pax East: Bring us your Polygon Scavenger Hunt photos, Vines and stories
- Daggerfall players