Diablo 3 will come to PlayStation 4 from Blizzard Entertainment, the company's senior vice president, story and franchise development Chris Metzen announced today at Sony's PlayStation Meeting.
The announcement is part of a "strategic partnership" between Blizzard and Sony Computer Entertainment, Metzen said. He also announced that Diablo 3 will come to the PlayStation 3 as well, which is already running on the current-gen console and "runs well and looks great," Metzen said.
Metzen says Diablo 3 has been customized to play on consoles, with a four-player, full-screen co-op mode for online and offline multiplayer. The hack-and-slash action RPG's user interface, customization, inventory and control over player avatars has been revamped for PS4.
The PS3 and PS4 versions of Diablo 3 will be based on the "core experience of the PC version," Blizzard said in an official announcement. The PlayStation versions will feature "an intuitive control scheme and a new dynamic camera perspective" in addition to currently available updates to the game, like customizable monster power and the Paragon leveling system.
Diablo 3 for PlayStation consoles will have a "formal debut" at PAX East in March, Blizzard said.
In This StoryStream
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Insured Profits Review - The TRUTH!
- GET > Insured Profits Review, Download Insured Profits System Now
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Games with great Sound Design
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?
- Feature to track games?
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 20