Get a closer look at the PlayStation 4's new controller, the touch-sensitive DualShock 4, and the new camera that detects movement of the new gamepad.
New shots of the PS4 controller offer a detailed look at the DualShock 4 and its new "light bar" and touchpad. New changes to the controller, including concave analog stick tops and new rear triggers, are also visible.
In an official announcement, Sony said its new PlayStation 4 Eye camera incorporates two high-sensitive cameras which "can recognize the depth of space precisely" and an array of four microphones can accurately detect sound and source origination.
The new PlayStation 4 Eye is capable of facial recognition allowing users to login to their PS4 and detecting current PlayStation Move controllers "more accurately than ever."
Based on the new shots, it also appears that the PS4's equivalent of the PlayStation Eye is built to clip onto the top of displays, like monitors and televisions.
Sony offered technical details on the new PlayStation 4 Eye, listed below.
- External Dimension: Approx. 186mm x 27mm x 27mm (width x height x depth) (tentative)
- Weight: Approx. 183g (tentative)
- Video Pixel: (Maximum) 1280 x 800 pixel x 2
- Video Frame Rate: 1280x800 pixel @ 60fps, 640x400 pixel @ 120fps, 320x192 pixel @ 240fps
- Video Format: RAW, YUV (uncompressed)
- Lens: Dual Lenses, F value/F2.0 fixed focus
- Capture Range: 30cm～∞
- Field-of-View: 85°
- Microphone: 4 Channel Microphone Array
- Connection Type: PS4 dedicated connector (AUX connector)
- Cable Length: Approx. 2m (tentative)
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Tell Us Your Story
- Have you heard of Toki's Magic Wand???
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27