Square Enix is creating a free-to-play, browser-based addition to the Kingdom Hearts series, Kingdom Hearts X (Chi), the company revealed following the announcement that Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix will include bonus items for the upcoming browser title.
The first available print copies of HD 1.5 Remix will come with a code for a Sora card, 20,000 munny and a 4,000 card draw point. Those who purchase the game directly from Square Enix will receive a Riku card, 10 potions and 10 ethers. These cards can be used in battle, while munny can be used to synthesize cards and draw points can be traded for cards. Potions will naturally restore the player's energy while ether is used to recover power for combat.
Kingdom Hearts X (Chi) will also include a micro-transaction system that will allow players to power up their characters more speedily; however, the game will be entirely free.
The game is in development from Success Corporation, the team behind Tokyo Beat Down, Operation Darkness and Metal Saga.
- My mother made me a gamer, and gave me the skills to deal with her death
- Why the makers of Guacamelee decided to make a touch game about a one-armed woman
- MLB The Show's neatest trick was not as easy as it looks
- Conception 2 review: bad romance
- State of Decay's Lifeline DLC is just the start of Undead Labs' 'long-term ambitions'