Both titles can be purchased as a set for 1, 000 yen ($10.71) in Japan, until early March.
The two titles were first released for the Game Boy Color on Feb. 27 in Japan and May 14 in North America.
Update: Zelda series designer Eiji Aonuma stated on Miiverse that both games will eventually release outside of Japan, as shown in a photo of his post on Kotaku.
"The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons/Oracle of Ages will be released for Virtual Console on Nintendo 3DS in Japan, but it'll be a little while longer till they're out in other territories," Aonuma wrote.
- Game of Thrones' Maisie Williams in talks for The Last of Us movie
- Proof '90s kids playing video games are cooler than kids today
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Eve's new executive producer has a plan to attract new players with the help of old ones
- Adventure Time: The Secret of the Nameless Kingdom announced, has kind of a Zelda vibe
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri July 25
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Really Horrible
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- PLAYSTATION WONT SIGN IN
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders