Both titles can be purchased as a set for 1, 000 yen ($10.71) in Japan, until early March.
The two titles were first released for the Game Boy Color on Feb. 27 in Japan and May 14 in North America.
Update: Zelda series designer Eiji Aonuma stated on Miiverse that both games will eventually release outside of Japan, as shown in a photo of his post on Kotaku.
"The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons/Oracle of Ages will be released for Virtual Console on Nintendo 3DS in Japan, but it'll be a little while longer till they're out in other territories," Aonuma wrote.
More from Polygon
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Tell Us Your Story
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Nicalis hints at Gex Remake
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Have you heard of Toki's Magic Wand???