Civilization Revolution players can now purchase a new multiplayer mode and several add-on packs through the iTunes App Store, publisher 2K Games announced today.
The iOS app, based on Sid Meier's Civilization turn-based strategy series, will be compatible with these content packs after running an update downloadable through the App Store:
- Multiplayer Mode, for $2.99 — Allows up to four players to participate in custom-created matches or quick-play challenges
- Mediterranean Pack, for $0.99 — Buildings and units for the Arabs, Egyptians, Romans and Greeks
- Asian Pack, for $0.99 — Buildings and units for the Chinese, Japanese, Mongols and Indians
- European Pack, for $0.99 — Buildings and units for the English, French, German and Spanish
- Expansionist Pack, for $0.99 — Buildings and units for the Americans, Aztecs, Russians and Zulus
- Wonders Pack, for $0.99 — Four new add-on wonders, including the Statue of Liberty and Taj Mahal
- Civilization Master Bundle, for $3.99 — Includes buildings and units for all of the above 16 groups and the Wonders Pack content
Additionally, both iPhone and iPad versions of Civilization Revolution will be discounted to $0.99 for a limited time.
Civilization Revolution was originally released through the PlayStation Network and Xbox Live Arcade in early 2008 and ported to Nintendo DS later that year. The title launched on iOS in 2009.