Open-world action parody Retro City Rampage is coming to WiiWare on Feb. 28 along with a prototype version as a playable minigame in both the Wii and Steam versions, developer Vblank Entertainment announced today.
The title will be available on the Nintendo Wii for 1000 Wii Points ($10) and supports play with the Classic Controller, Classic Controller Pro, GameCube controller and Wii Remote, with optional motion controls for picking up and throwing objects available for the later. The game is playable on Wii U through the Wii eShop in Wii Mode.
A prototype version of the game, ROM City Rampage, will also be available on Feb. 28 for the WiiWare and Steam ports. ROM City Rampage is playable in Retro City's in-game arcade. Steam players will receive the minigame in an automatic update, while the Wii version is automatically included during first download.
Retro City Rampage is also part of the current Steam sale, marked down from its original price of $14.99 to $7.49.
Retro City Rampage was released last fall on PlayStation Network and Windows PC, and hit Xbox Live Arcade last month.
- My mother made me a gamer, and gave me the skills to deal with her death
- Why the makers of Guacamelee decided to make a touch game about a one-armed woman
- MLB The Show's neatest trick was not as easy as it looks
- Conception 2 review: bad romance
- State of Decay's Lifeline DLC is just the start of Undead Labs' 'long-term ambitions'