Open-world action parody Retro City Rampage is coming to WiiWare on Feb. 28 along with a prototype version as a playable minigame in both the Wii and Steam versions, developer Vblank Entertainment announced today.
The title will be available on the Nintendo Wii for 1000 Wii Points ($10) and supports play with the Classic Controller, Classic Controller Pro, GameCube controller and Wii Remote, with optional motion controls for picking up and throwing objects available for the later. The game is playable on Wii U through the Wii eShop in Wii Mode.
A prototype version of the game, ROM City Rampage, will also be available on Feb. 28 for the WiiWare and Steam ports. ROM City Rampage is playable in Retro City's in-game arcade. Steam players will receive the minigame in an automatic update, while the Wii version is automatically included during first download.
Retro City Rampage is also part of the current Steam sale, marked down from its original price of $14.99 to $7.49.
Retro City Rampage was released last fall on PlayStation Network and Windows PC, and hit Xbox Live Arcade last month.
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- Why I'm in love with this sweet game about a little girl in Alaska
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- Sherlock Holmes shooting at Watson is just the beginning of this 25 minute gameplay trailer