The final two downloadable content packs for Mass Effect 3 will be Citadel and Reckoning, a single-player campaign and multiplayer add-on, both set to release in the coming weeks, developer BioWare announced today.
On Feb. 26 players can download Reckoning, a free content pack adding new characters, weapons, character kits and upgrades to Mass Effect 3's multiplayer.
Citadel will be released on March 5 for $14.99 or 1200 Microsoft Points, and will give players "one final, sentimental journey with Commander Shepard" and his team. Players will explore the space station and reconnect with characters spanning all three Mass Effect games.
"The team has poured heart and soul into Mass Effect 3: Reckoning and Mass Effect 3: Citadel," said executive producer Casey Hudson in a statement released to press. "As the launch of these chapters near, the feeling around the studio is bittersweet.
"We have always been humbled and driven by the passion of our fans for the Mass Effect trilogy," he added. "We hope fans will enjoy spending more time with some of their favorite characters — we have certainly enjoyed spending time creating them. We're excited to release this final sendoff for the trilogy and move forward into the future of the Mass Effect universe."
All three packs will be available for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Windows PC. When reached for comment, a representative from BioWare told Polygon "there no plans to bring Reckoning or Citadel to the Wii U at this time."
BioWare will stream a preview of Reckoning on the developer's official Twitch channel on Feb. 25 at 12:30 p.m. ET.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Beast Mode (Thurs 24 April)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Titanfall less addictive than previous/similar games?
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: What? (Wed 23 April)
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Game freezes at the starting screen, launch error
- Changing Posting Name
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)