The final two downloadable content packs for Mass Effect 3 will be Citadel and Reckoning, a single-player campaign and multiplayer add-on, both set to release in the coming weeks, developer BioWare announced today.
On Feb. 26 players can download Reckoning, a free content pack adding new characters, weapons, character kits and upgrades to Mass Effect 3's multiplayer.
Citadel will be released on March 5 for $14.99 or 1200 Microsoft Points, and will give players "one final, sentimental journey with Commander Shepard" and his team. Players will explore the space station and reconnect with characters spanning all three Mass Effect games.
"The team has poured heart and soul into Mass Effect 3: Reckoning and Mass Effect 3: Citadel," said executive producer Casey Hudson in a statement released to press. "As the launch of these chapters near, the feeling around the studio is bittersweet.
"We have always been humbled and driven by the passion of our fans for the Mass Effect trilogy," he added. "We hope fans will enjoy spending more time with some of their favorite characters — we have certainly enjoyed spending time creating them. We're excited to release this final sendoff for the trilogy and move forward into the future of the Mass Effect universe."
All three packs will be available for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Windows PC. When reached for comment, a representative from BioWare told Polygon "there no plans to bring Reckoning or Citadel to the Wii U at this time."
BioWare will stream a preview of Reckoning on the developer's official Twitch channel on Feb. 25 at 12:30 p.m. ET.
- How cows predicted the seedy underbelly of social gaming
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Eve's new executive producer has a plan to attract new players with the help of old ones
- GTA 4 now looks as good as GTA 5 — if you have a PC
- Proof '90s kids playing video games are cooler than kids today
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri July 25
- Women in Games: A Reaction
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Why you don't like this headline: Here's how a change in style guide might just be the most clicked click thing you've clicked today
- A New Steam Controller
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24