The mod, created by Dean "Rocket" Hall for Arma 2: Combined Operations (the name given to Arma 2 and Operation Arrowhead packaged together) is a persistent multiplayer mod where players can go solo or team up with friends for survival in a world ravaged by an infectious disease.
A recent update to the mod brought several new weapons, introduced new ways to get infected and made the "zombies" more adept at tracking down survivors.
The free mod available on Steam is not the standalone version of DayZ. In a recent Reddit AMA, Dean Hall said that the standalone version is expected to release before April.
- Game of Thrones' Maisie Williams in talks for The Last of Us movie
- Proof '90s kids playing video games are cooler than kids today
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Eve's new executive producer has a plan to attract new players with the help of old ones
- Street Fighter: World Warrior live action series in development