American publisher Tommo is partnering with SNK Playmore to bring a series of video game bundles to the NeoGeo X, the first volume hitting store shelves this April, Tommo announced today.
NeoGeo X Classics: Volume 1, available at retail in North America this April, will include three titles packed onto one game card: run-and-gunners Metal Slug 2, Sengoku and Top Hunter. Volume 1 will also include a system update for the NeoGeo, with distributor Tommo promising more details on its contents at a later date.
Four more volumes are planned for future release:
- Art of Fighting 3
- Blazing Star
- Breakers Revenge
- Fatal Fury: Mark of the Wolves
- Kizuna Encounter
- The King of Fighers '96
- The Last Blade 2
- Samurai Shodown 3
- Savage Reign
- Shock Troopers
- Super Sidekicks 3 — The Next Glory
- World Heroes Jet
All volumes will include the NeoGeo's "Rocket" charging and high-speed transfer cable. A traveling case is also in the works for the handheld, with current plans pinpointing an April release.
The NeoGeo X handheld, launched last December, runs games originally published for the Neo Geo AES and MVS arcade console and cabinet released in the 1990s. The devices comes with 20 pre-installed titles, including Fatal Fury and the original Metal Slug.
- The 'true' story of a Pokémon game that turns you into a murderer
- A guided tour of the 1 KB hard drive built inside Minecraft
- Microsoft hosting ID@Xbox open house before PAX kicks off
- Fez developer Polytron hacked in ongoing game developer harassment effort
- That bucket came from the moon: Yep, Destiny took the ice bucket challenge