System requirements for the PC version of the upcoming Tomb Raider reboot were released today by developer Crystal Dynamics.
The studio aimed to take advantage of the full PC platform, it revealed in a prepared statement. Developed in collaboration with Nixxes, a company that Crystal Dynamics has worked alongside for the past 15 years in creating PC ports, Tomb Raider will feature full integration with Steamworks, increased detail tessellation, improved SSAO and post-filter effects, as well as "very high" resolution textures, shadows and cloths.
"AMD Graphics and Crystal Dynamics have partnered to capture the realism of one of video gaming's most iconic characters, Lara Croft of the Tomb Raider franchise," said AMD Graphics corporate vice president and general manager Matt Skynner. "By leveraging the power of AMD Radeon and Graphics Core Next, Lara and her environment have come to life like never before."
As detailed by the studio, Tomb Raider will include the following enhanced features:
• Full integration with Steamworks to offer cloud storage for saves, multiplayer matchmaking,
achievements, as well as automatic updates and new content.
• Support for Steam Big Picture Mode.
• Configurable mouse and keyboard support.
• Gamepad support.
• Very high resolution textures with up to 16x the amount of data
• Detail Tessellation to enhance the detail on many surfaces in the game
• Higher quality shadows
• High quality bokeh depth of field with near-blur
• Tessellation algorithms used to smooth out geometry
• Improved cloth, SSAO, quality wetness effects, and post-filter effects.
• LOD quality is adjustable for better quality on higher-end machines.
• Crystal care about TR fans being able to run on older systems, unlike many other games they
still support Windows XP.
• A lot of scalability options to suit a range of machines.
The minimum system requirements on PC are as follows:
• Windows XP Service Pack 3, Windows Vista,7,8 (32bit/64bit)
• DirectX 9 graphics card with 512Mb Video RAM:
AMD Radeon HD 2600 XT
• Dual core CPU:
AMD Athlon64 X2 2.1 Ghz (4050+)
Intel Core2 Duo 1.86 Ghz (E6300)
• 1GB Memory (2GB on Vista)
Recommended system requirements for PC
• Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8
• DirectX 11 graphics card with 1GB Video RAM:
AMD Radeon HD 4870
nVidia GTX 480
• Quad core CPU:
AMD Phenom II X2 565
Intel Core i5-750
• 4GB Memory
Tomb Raider is scheduled to release to PC on March 5, alongside its Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 launches.
- Dwarf Fortress will crush your CPU because creating history is hard
- In the face of recent wins, Nintendo's lack of online functions is no longer forgivable
- Unforgiving, sophisticated and vast: Three deaths in The Long Dark
- These Pokemon GIFs are good enough to replace comments
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- Launching Civilization: Beyond Earth
- Twitch edges closer to broadcast TV with new feature
- LeBron James is better at video games than you
- Destiny's beta comparison video: PS4 versus Xbox One
- Far Cry 4 avoids the 'white savior dudebro' pitfall