Left 4 Dead 2 developer Valve is now adding the popular Helm's Deep Reborn map to the zombie title's official servers, which will simplify the process of accessing the survival mode campaign, it announced on the official L4D blog.
By visiting the workshop page and clicking subscribe, Helm's Deep Reborn will automatically download, and will be updated automatically in the future. Helm's Deep Reborn combines the gameplay of Left 4 Dead 2 with the world of Tolkien, putting the player in the shoes of the defenders of Helm's Deep from Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, while pitting them against zombies and special infected.
Valve also revealed it is still working on the Extended Mutation System in the Left 4 Dead 2 beta, which will allow modders to experiment more broadly with gameplay. An example "mutation" was just released, allowing users to play Left 4 Dead 1 inside of Left 4 Dead 2. Valve is working with modders and adding new features before it officially releases the tool.
- Police investigating Comic-Con cosplay assault, photographer arrested
- The front lines: How a beta makes a game better
- PlayStation Now rentals cost $2.99 for four hours play, but everything could be changing
- Twitter can fix its harassment problem, but why mess with success?
- A video history of Crytek in two minutes