Namco Bandai will bring From Software's next mech combat action game, Armored Core: Verdict Day, to PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in the Americas this fall.
Revealed earlier this week in Japan's Famitsu magazine, Verdict Day is a continuation of 2012's Armored Core 5, featuring updated, streamlined multiplayer and all-new mech customization options. Armored Core 5 players will be able to import their save data into the follow-up. In an announcement, publisher Namco Bandai explains the return of Operator Mode, which lets players tactically command a squad of mechs from a tactical top-down point-of-view in real-time.
Armored Core: Verdict Day also lets players recruit AI-controlled mechs, so solo players can experience the features of the game's co-op and multiplayer modes. Namco Bandai promises a new, faster matchmaking system for Verdict Day's multiplayer.
Namco doesn't offer a specific release date in the West for Armored Core: Verdict Day, which hits Japan on Sept. 26.
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- The studio that made Tony Hawk's Pro Skater closed, here's its billion-dollar story
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- How the Model T convinced Nvidia to build a gaming-focused tablet
- Fan-made Smash Bros. has better characters