The website for Planescape: Torment's sequel, Torment: Tides of Numenera, is now live and promises a future fundraising campaign.
According to the website's description page, Tides of Numenera will continue the "thematic legacy" of the first title. The story takes place in the Ninth World, where many civilizations have already risen and fallen, leaving behind different artifacts called numenera.
"One of these humans discovers a way to use the numenera to grow strong, cheat death, to skip across the face of centuries in a succession of bodies," the site reads. "But he discovers an unexpected side effect: You."
Tides of Numenera will feature choice and consequence, attainable companions and more. The game will be available for Windows PC and Mac, with a possibility for Linux. A crowdfunding page with Kickstarter-branded media is included, though the website does not say when fundraising will begin.
Chris Avellone, who acted as the original game's lead designer, has already given his blessing to the sequel. Torment: Tides of Numenera is currently in development by inXile, the company also responsible for Wasteland 2.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Do Polynauts dream of analog sheep? (Fri 7 Mar)
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 100% Complete (Thu 6 Mar)
- Help needed to find a reputable source for statistics for Indian gaming industry.
- Welcome to the Polygon Community!