Sword of the Stars: The Pit, a spin-off set in the same universe as the Sword of the Stars series, is available now for Windows PC exclusively through GamersGate.
The Pit is a turn-based role-playing game with roguelike elements. Players can choose from three different characters — a marine, pilot or engineer — to help stop a deadly plague. The game features 30 levels, as well as crafting, skill building and more. A demo of the game is also available for players to try.
Kerberos Productions, the game's developer and publisher, originally attempted crowdfunding the title on Indiegogo. The game failed to meet its $60,000 goal, however, and ended with only $23,941 raised.
Sword of the Stars: The Pit is currently discounted 10 percent from its usual $9.99 price tag to $8.99. It is still unclear if the game will be released via other platforms; other series titles have been released through platforms such as Steam.
- Accused Airbnb squatter: 'Would squat again'
- The 'Mad Max: Fury Road' trailer is the most impressive thing to come out of Comic-Con
- San Diego Comic-Con 2014: All the news from pop culture's biggest event
- The Last of Us review update: Remastered on PS4
- Lucy Lawless: New Wonder Woman looks like 'Xena meets Spartacus'