Team Meat co-founder and Mew-Genics co-creator Edmund McMillen has only hinted at gameplay for the upcoming cat-centric title, but the designer's recent update explains that it will be unlike any other game.
"I think most would describe Mew-Genics as a cross between The Sims and Pokémon with a sprinkling of Animal Crossing and a dash of Tamagotchi," McMillen wrote, "but at its core the game really isn't like anything we've seen before."
"I could write a book on the design of Mew-genics, it's by far the most complex game I've ever worked on and it's definitely pushing us both on many levels, but I think the best way to describe how Mew-Genics plays is with a little story."
McMillen goes on to describe his trials and tribulations with a cat named Puddle. While attempting to breed Puddle, he ends up with one dead cat in the attic and two narcoleptic kittens. Puddle contracts feline aids, and McMillen places her in the Cryo-cube in hopes of finding a future cure, just before he's arrested by local animal control.
Mew-Genics will release for Steam, iOS, Android and "possibly more," McMillen writes, though a specific release date has not been announced.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: M! (Wed 16 Apr)
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- Controller Design Competition
- What characters would you guys like to see on the new Super Smash Bros?
- Scrolling front page - can't access bottom banner
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol.2, No.7: Warai, Warai!
- Any clues to why it is called Second Son?