The information was released on an official PlayStation blog entry "The Drop: Week of February 25th 2013 New Releases," under a section titled "3: Drake's Deception Multiplayer (Free to Play)." Apart from a quick blurb about Uncharted 3, the entry didn't offer any further details about the possible free to play plans.
The "Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception Multiplayer (Free to Play)" section was shortly pulled from the blog entry. We have contacted Sony for comment and will update as more information becomes available.
According to Naughty Dog's official blog late last year, an Uncharted 3 multiplayer announcement was due for early 2013. Naughty Dog wrote:
"On the Uncharted 3 front, we recently announced our holiday items and we'll have even more content inbound in the New Year. Additionally, we have some very exciting information about multiplayer around the start of next year. Get ready for all the big news by checking back to the PlayStation blog and Naughty Dog blog once 2013 hits."
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception was released for PS3 on Nov. 11, 2011.
- Police investigating Comic-Con cosplay assault, photographer arrested
- The front lines: How a beta makes a game better
- PlayStation Now rentals cost $2.99 for four hours play, but everything could be changing
- Twitter can fix its harassment problem, but why mess with success?
- A video history of Crytek in two minutes