"Minecraft 1.5 will be released in roughly 2 weeks, early March," Bergensten tweeted.
The Redstone Update will include new features and bug fixes, such as improvements to minecarts, greater consistency to the way redstone ore behaves and a new capacitor block.
A few other notable Redstone Update additions include a daylight detector, which can used to make solar panels when paired with a capacitor, more fireworks, Nether-based ore and removal of the "south/east rule" glitch.
- Development hell: The video game
- Which games company do developers most want to work for?
- How Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition tricked us into playing Diablo 3 again
- Want to save time and money? Stop buying games at launch
- Buy side-scroller Azure Striker Gunvolt on 3DS, get 8-bit throwback Mighty Gunvolt free