"Minecraft 1.5 will be released in roughly 2 weeks, early March," Bergensten tweeted.
The Redstone Update will include new features and bug fixes, such as improvements to minecarts, greater consistency to the way redstone ore behaves and a new capacitor block.
A few other notable Redstone Update additions include a daylight detector, which can used to make solar panels when paired with a capacitor, more fireworks, Nether-based ore and removal of the "south/east rule" glitch.
- Police investigating Comic-Con cosplay assault, photographer arrested
- The front lines: How a beta makes a game better
- PlayStation Now rentals cost $2.99 for four hours play, but everything could be changing
- Twitter can fix its harassment problem, but why mess with success?
- A video history of Crytek in two minutes