"Minecraft 1.5 will be released in roughly 2 weeks, early March," Bergensten tweeted.
The Redstone Update will include new features and bug fixes, such as improvements to minecarts, greater consistency to the way redstone ore behaves and a new capacitor block.
A few other notable Redstone Update additions include a daylight detector, which can used to make solar panels when paired with a capacitor, more fireworks, Nether-based ore and removal of the "south/east rule" glitch.
- Tales from the Borderlands stars two lying, greedy Pandorians
- TowerFall Ascension review: bowstring symphony
- The final years of Irrational Games, according to those who were there
- Phil Spencer: Games with Gold will feel 'more true' to what consumers want in the future
- When a successful game is a failure