Former Epic Games design director Cliff Bleszinski and Ubisoft Montreal creative director Jason Vandenberghe will deliver the keynote speech at East Coast Games Conference 2013, conference officials announced.
Bleszinski departed from Epic Games in October 2012 for a "much needed break," following his work on titles such as Jazz Jackrabbit and the Gears of War series. Bleszinski will also deliver a "storytime" talk at this year's PAX East.
Vandenberghe is a game designer best known for his work on the Call of Duty, James Bond and Guitar Hero franchises. He joined Ubisoft in 2008, where he's worked on Far Cry 3 and Red Steel 2. Vandenberghe's LinkedIn profile also notes that he's currently working on an unannounced project.
ECGC is an annual gathering of video game professionals to provide talks and panels on programming, design, art, writing, serious games, education, mobile, careers and education. This year's convention will take place at the Raleigh Convention center in Raleigh, N.C., from April 24-25.
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- The studio that made Tony Hawk's Pro Skater closed, here's its billion-dollar story
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- How the Model T convinced Nvidia to build a gaming-focused tablet
- Kickstarter suspends Ex-STALKER devs' Areal campaign, West Games turns to direct funding