Telltale Games is currently developing more content for The Walking Dead unrelated to its previously-announced second season, reports IGN.
Speaking during a recent episode of Up At Noon, The Walking Dead writer Gary Whitta teased upcoming content that isn't part of season two but also offers no hints on any relation to season one.
"You won't have to wait for season two to play more Walking Dead," he said.
Whitta affirmed that season two is still a long way off, and there is no new information to announce regarding its launch. However, popular fan demand for The Walking Dead content has brought Telltale back to the drawing board, and something "that will make the wait for season two slightly less agonizing" is in the works.
"Knowing that it's a way off, and knowing that people are hungry for more Walking Dead... There may very well be more Walking Dead from Telltale before season two," said Whitta. "We may have a little something extra for you between season one and two."
Polygon has reached out to Telltale Games and will report additional details as we have them.
- Police investigating Comic-Con cosplay assault, photographer arrested
- The front lines: How a beta makes a game better
- PlayStation Now rentals cost $2.99 for four hours play, but everything could be changing
- Twitter can fix its harassment problem, but why mess with success?
- A video history of Crytek in two minutes