Battlefield 4 is coming to the PlayStation 4, Electronic Arts chief financial officer Blake Jorgensen confirmed at the Morgan Stanley Technology, Media and Telecom Conference today.
Jorgensen was asked by a member of the audience whether EA's absence at last week's unveiling of the PlayStation 4 was indicative of EA's investment on the platform coming in 2014 or 2015, to which he responded: "I'd say between now and E3 you're going to see a lot of stuff from us. We're very excited about Sony's platform. The technical power on the platform is going to allow us to do a substantial amount of things we've never done before.
"I've seen the new Battlefield and it is stunning. It is just amazing what the imagination of the game developers are allowed to do with that much power."
EA president Frank Gibeau mentioned Battlefield 4 being for next-gen consoles in a statement he wrote last week titled "Transition is our friend" where he spoke to EA's transition to the next generation of consoles and the resulting staff layoffs. "At a GameStop company meeting earlier this week, we gave 500 store managers a sneak peak [sic] at Battlefield 4," he wrote.
EA originally confirmed the existence of Battlefield 4 last July, when it announced that developer EA DICE planned to launch the game's multiplayer beta in fall 2013. Anybody who pre-ordered Medal of Honor Warfighter will be granted entry into the beta.
"The team at DICE is hard at work on the next entry in the Battlefield series," said EA DICE last summer. The studio launched Battlefield 3 in October 2011, and will launch its fifth and final expansion, End Game, next month.
- Tales from the Borderlands stars two lying, greedy Pandorians
- TowerFall Ascension review: bowstring symphony
- The final years of Irrational Games, according to those who were there
- The next game from Crimson Dragon studio is Project Life for Oculus Rift
- When a successful game is a failure
- Infamous: Second Son live-action trailer spells out its heroic credo
- Why Watch Dogs went into hiding
- Battlefield 4 server rentals coming to consoles soon
- Ouya may not be dead, but its long history of stumbles makes success unlikely
- Five-hour PSN maintenance scheduled for today
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- Polygon Off-Topic Weekender: We broke 1K! (8-9 March)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- WTB physical DS2 for PC in US
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Cheap Shark for Games?
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- PS4 Now or Wait Till Price Drop & Gaikai?
- The controller: will it get fixed?
- Is there anyone who doesnt like Titanfall?