Battlefield 4 is coming to the PlayStation 4, Electronic Arts chief financial officer Blake Jorgensen confirmed at the Morgan Stanley Technology, Media and Telecom Conference today.
Jorgensen was asked by a member of the audience whether EA's absence at last week's unveiling of the PlayStation 4 was indicative of EA's investment on the platform coming in 2014 or 2015, to which he responded: "I'd say between now and E3 you're going to see a lot of stuff from us. We're very excited about Sony's platform. The technical power on the platform is going to allow us to do a substantial amount of things we've never done before.
"I've seen the new Battlefield and it is stunning. It is just amazing what the imagination of the game developers are allowed to do with that much power."
EA president Frank Gibeau mentioned Battlefield 4 being for next-gen consoles in a statement he wrote last week titled "Transition is our friend" where he spoke to EA's transition to the next generation of consoles and the resulting staff layoffs. "At a GameStop company meeting earlier this week, we gave 500 store managers a sneak peak [sic] at Battlefield 4," he wrote.
EA originally confirmed the existence of Battlefield 4 last July, when it announced that developer EA DICE planned to launch the game's multiplayer beta in fall 2013. Anybody who pre-ordered Medal of Honor Warfighter will be granted entry into the beta.
"The team at DICE is hard at work on the next entry in the Battlefield series," said EA DICE last summer. The studio launched Battlefield 3 in October 2011, and will launch its fifth and final expansion, End Game, next month.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Beast Mode (Thurs 24 April)
- Titanfall less addictive than previous/similar games?
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: What? (Wed 23 April)
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Game freezes at the starting screen, launch error
- Changing Posting Name
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)