Ubisoft pushed Sony to integrate social features into the , Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot told Kotaku in a recent 4interview.
According to Guillemot, Sony approached Ubisoft for feature requests it wanted in the next-generation console. The CEO said Ubisoft's response was "We want social, we want all the things that exist on PC to be possible on a console." The video game corporation pushed the electronics giant for the sharing and social features in the belief they will be the major components of next-generation consoles.
"The other part that has been growing fast has been all the social-all the connections-the fact that you can update your content very quickly...all of those things [are things] we wanted them to bring in," Guillemot told Kotaku. "We really pushed for them to make those things happen, because we think it's the two combined that will make this generation a good generation."
Guillemot said that Ubsoft also want the mobile-like capabilities to snack game and for gamers to play from anywhere they want.
Ubisoft's Watch Dogs will release on . The Ubisoft Montreal-developed title will also launch on , and is confirmed for U.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepare to Die (Tues 11 Mar)
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- WTB physical DS2 for PC in US
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepared for Titanfall? (Mon 10 Mar)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Which wiki?
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Getting a PS4
- Polygon v1.9 - Article Redesign
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends