New Borderlands 2 DLC is in the works, and may include a new character and level cap rise, Gearbox Software's Randy Pitchford announced on Twitter.
According to Pitchford, Gearbox is working on upcoming downloadable content "for these things," referring to a rise in level cap and new character. This new DLC will be in addition to the campaign DLC offered in the season pass, however.
In response to a question from one fan regarding whether a sixth Borderlands 2 character would be released, Pitchford wrote "Almost certainly yes. We're working on it." In regards to a level cap rise, he stated to another follower: "News as soon as we can," adding "Sorry I can't offer more yet - I get skewered when things change in development, whatever the reason."
Earlier in the month, Borderlands 2 DLC Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt became available for mac users, roughly one month after its release on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC.
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- The studio that made Tony Hawk's Pro Skater closed, here's its billion-dollar story
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- How the Model T convinced Nvidia to build a gaming-focused tablet
- Find out which experimental games excite Korean devs