New Borderlands 2 DLC is in the works, and may include a new character and level cap rise, Gearbox Software's Randy Pitchford announced on Twitter.
According to Pitchford, Gearbox is working on upcoming downloadable content "for these things," referring to a rise in level cap and new character. This new DLC will be in addition to the campaign DLC offered in the season pass, however.
In response to a question from one fan regarding whether a sixth Borderlands 2 character would be released, Pitchford wrote "Almost certainly yes. We're working on it." In regards to a level cap rise, he stated to another follower: "News as soon as we can," adding "Sorry I can't offer more yet - I get skewered when things change in development, whatever the reason."
Earlier in the month, Borderlands 2 DLC Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt became available for mac users, roughly one month after its release on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC.
- How a video game helped save my sanity
- Dungeons & Dragons castle defense game coming to mobile next year
- The New Nintendo 3DS is everything fun, exhausting, about Nintendo's strategy
- People watched Twitch Plays Pokémon for a billion minutes
- In Firewatch, the job isn't to keep the wilderness from burning down