Diablo 3 will not feature cross-platform play between PC and the upcoming PlayStation 3 release, the game's community manager Vaeflare clarified on the Battle.net forums.
According to the post, Blizzard has no current plans to allow for connectivity between PlayStation Network and Battle.net, the result of which will be separate characters on the user's Battle.net account and their PlayStation account.
It was also revealed Blizzard has no plans to allow for analog controllers to be used on PC, and likewise, as the console edition of Diablo 3 was developed with a controller in mind, the PlayStation 3 version of the title will not support keyboards or mice.
Last week it was also revealed Diablo 3 is in development for the upcoming PlayStation 4 console. The PS3 and PS4 versions of Diablo 3 will be based on the "core experience of the PC version," Blizzard said in an official announcement. The PlayStation versions will feature "an intuitive control scheme and a new dynamic camera perspective" in addition to currently available updates to the game, such as the customizable monster power and the Paragon leveling system.
- Conception 2 review: bad romance
- Blizzard silenced Hearthstone players, and it made the game amazing
- The Titanfall for Vita that wasn't and the decision that changed its name
- PS3 bundled with The Amazing Spider-Man 2 for $269 at Walmart
- Meet the gay soldier you didn't know was in Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Public Holidays = Relax! (Fri 18 Apr)
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- PC/MAC Strategy Games Like Warcraft II
- inFamous Screenshot Potluck Extravaganza!
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: PLACE HAND HERE! (Thu 17 Apr)
- Which platform will you get Dark Souls 2 on?
- The best song in a video game?
- Controller Design Competition
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward