Diablo 3 will not feature cross-platform play between PC and the upcoming PlayStation 3 release, the game's community manager Vaeflare clarified on the Battle.net forums.
According to the post, Blizzard has no current plans to allow for connectivity between PlayStation Network and Battle.net, the result of which will be separate characters on the user's Battle.net account and their PlayStation account.
It was also revealed Blizzard has no plans to allow for analog controllers to be used on PC, and likewise, as the console edition of Diablo 3 was developed with a controller in mind, the PlayStation 3 version of the title will not support keyboards or mice.
Last week it was also revealed Diablo 3 is in development for the upcoming PlayStation 4 console. The PS3 and PS4 versions of Diablo 3 will be based on the "core experience of the PC version," Blizzard said in an official announcement. The PlayStation versions will feature "an intuitive control scheme and a new dynamic camera perspective" in addition to currently available updates to the game, such as the customizable monster power and the Paragon leveling system.
- Accused Airbnb squatter: 'Would squat again'
- The 'Mad Max: Fury Road' trailer is the most impressive thing to come out of Comic-Con
- San Diego Comic-Con 2014: All the news from pop culture's biggest event
- The Last of Us review update: Remastered on PS4
- Lucy Lawless: New Wonder Woman looks like 'Xena meets Spartacus'
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27
- RIP Friends List?
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Really Horrible