Details on the next entry in Ubisoft's Assassin's Creed series may have just been leaked by promotional materials for the unannounced game. According to a photo obtained by Kotaku, Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag may be the franchise's next adventure.
The poster, which is not officially confirmed by Ubisoft, features an iconic assassin battling a handful of pirates aboard a ship. The illustration appears to be the work of comic book artist Todd McFarlane, whose toy company recently announced a line of Assassin's Creed 3 action figures.
Earlier this month, Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot said a new game featuring "an all-new Assassin's Creed hero, within an all new team and time period" is slated to ship before March 2014. Guillemot said the next Assassin's Creed will be "another major leap forward for the franchise."
Ubisoft did not comment on the image when contacted by Polygon.
Update: According to a second photo obtained by Kotaku, Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag may be set in the Caribbean circa 1715. It is reportedly the reverse side of the poster, which is not officially confirmed by Ubisoft, and depicts a rustic map of the Caribbean.
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- The studio that made Tony Hawk's Pro Skater closed, here's its billion-dollar story
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- How the Model T convinced Nvidia to build a gaming-focused tablet
- Find out which experimental games excite Korean devs
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 22
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Thoughts on Destiny
- Yakuza 5 (Ryū ga Gotoku 5) Fan Translation Gone?
- Standby Or Off On PS4
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 22