Details on the next entry in Ubisoft's Assassin's Creed series may have just been leaked by promotional materials for the unannounced game. According to a photo obtained by Kotaku, Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag may be the franchise's next adventure.
The poster, which is not officially confirmed by Ubisoft, features an iconic assassin battling a handful of pirates aboard a ship. The illustration appears to be the work of comic book artist Todd McFarlane, whose toy company recently announced a line of Assassin's Creed 3 action figures.
Earlier this month, Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot said a new game featuring "an all-new Assassin's Creed hero, within an all new team and time period" is slated to ship before March 2014. Guillemot said the next Assassin's Creed will be "another major leap forward for the franchise."
Ubisoft did not comment on the image when contacted by Polygon.
Update: According to a second photo obtained by Kotaku, Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag may be set in the Caribbean circa 1715. It is reportedly the reverse side of the poster, which is not officially confirmed by Ubisoft, and depicts a rustic map of the Caribbean.
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Looking for good JRPGs on PS3, help needed
- Woady Reviews Anime: Whisper of the Heart
- Thoughts on the inaccurate sensor bar
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Reconsidering Columbine