Details on the next entry in Ubisoft's Assassin's Creed series may have just been leaked by promotional materials for the unannounced game. According to a photo obtained by Kotaku, Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag may be the franchise's next adventure.
The poster, which is not officially confirmed by Ubisoft, features an iconic assassin battling a handful of pirates aboard a ship. The illustration appears to be the work of comic book artist Todd McFarlane, whose toy company recently announced a line of Assassin's Creed 3 action figures.
Earlier this month, Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot said a new game featuring "an all-new Assassin's Creed hero, within an all new team and time period" is slated to ship before March 2014. Guillemot said the next Assassin's Creed will be "another major leap forward for the franchise."
Ubisoft did not comment on the image when contacted by Polygon.
Update: According to a second photo obtained by Kotaku, Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag may be set in the Caribbean circa 1715. It is reportedly the reverse side of the poster, which is not officially confirmed by Ubisoft, and depicts a rustic map of the Caribbean.
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Frames Per Second FPS?? How to tell 60 vs 30?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 1
- Share Button Use? Can you post to another service other than FaceBook?
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)
- Hi, nice to meet you.
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?