It's fair to say that Lara Croft is back.
Tomb Raider has not exactly been a household name over the last few years. But Lara Croft's latest game, fittingly-titled Tomb Raider, feels like a return to past glories. Despite that, it also leaves a lot of the immaturity behind. Lara is finally a serious, well-rounded character. Someone you can sympathize with.
A few years ago, the prospect of locking myself in a room to play the latest Tomb Raider game would have felt like torture. And even though plenty of this game features torturous moments for Lara, what I went through was quite the opposite. But hey, don't just read about it. There's video evidence! Here is Today I Played: Tomb Raider
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Have you heard of Toki's Magic Wand???
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- RIP Friends List?
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta