A number of major 2013 games are launching in March, and Sony is sweetening the release schedule with a cash back offer: For every $50 you spend in the PlayStation Store next month, you'll get $10 back in PlayStation Network credit.
The offer is valid to PSN users in the U.S., Canada and Mexico, and although Sony's advertising it as taking place in the month of March, it has already begun. PlayStation Store purchases from today, Feb. 26, through April 1 will count toward the promotion. That also applies to renewing an annual PlayStation Plus subscription for $49.99: According to Pierre Gravereau, senior manager of digital distribution, you won't need to spend the extra penny to get $10 back.
And there doesn't appear to be a limit to the amount of cash back you can accumulate. So if you pick up MLB 13 The Show, The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct, BioShock Infinite, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 and Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel — all of which will be available through the PlayStation Store on their respective launch dates — you'll receive $60 back in PSN credit. Sony is also offering exclusive content for players who pre-order those games on PSN.
Sony will send out the credit in a PSN message by April 12.
- Game of Thrones' Maisie Williams in talks for The Last of Us movie
- Proof '90s kids playing video games are cooler than kids today
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Eve's new executive producer has a plan to attract new players with the help of old ones
- Street Fighter: World Warrior live action series in development
More from Polygon
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri July 25
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Tell Us Your Story
- A New Steam Controller
- DESTINY disappointment?
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Really Horrible