In a recent interview, Tretton said that Sony's newest console will have "multiple unveils" and its presence at E3 will include a good amount of content playable for attendees.
"People will have opportunities to play it," he said. "That's the thing I want to emphasize. We're not trying to sell it tomorrow, there will be multiple unveils. Out biggest industry event is E3 coming up in June and there will be a lot of playable content on the floor."
Tretton added that the general public, whom are not admitted to E3, will also get hands-on time with the PlayStation 4 before it hits store shelves.
"Consumers will get their opportunities before it ships," he said. "We know who our consumers are and we're going to get out product in their hands."
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- Endless Legend seeks the perfect imbalance to keep players exploring and exterminating
- How to make a video game about drag queens
- How the Model T convinced Nvidia to build a gaming-focused tablet
- Bungie pays up $95K to the composer behind Halo
More from Polygon
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 22
- Standby Or Off On PS4
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 22
- Destiny Beta
- I just want a gritty mature MOBA
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Polygon YouTube Channel
- Thoughts on Destiny