In a recent interview, Tretton said that Sony's newest console will have "multiple unveils" and its presence at E3 will include a good amount of content playable for attendees.
"People will have opportunities to play it," he said. "That's the thing I want to emphasize. We're not trying to sell it tomorrow, there will be multiple unveils. Out biggest industry event is E3 coming up in June and there will be a lot of playable content on the floor."
Tretton added that the general public, whom are not admitted to E3, will also get hands-on time with the PlayStation 4 before it hits store shelves.
"Consumers will get their opportunities before it ships," he said. "We know who our consumers are and we're going to get out product in their hands."
- Dota 2 needs a white flag
- Riot taught me League of Legends (and now I'm teaching you)
- Tonight, a nation's favorite game will award a human prize
- Hotline Miami publisher is coming to the rescue of GaymerX after this week's funding mishap
- HBO documentary examines addiction, ethics of game design in shadow of child's death
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- What's your favorite silly game?
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Tell Us Your Story
- Have you heard of Toki's Magic Wand???
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today