In a recent interview, Tretton said that Sony's newest console will have "multiple unveils" and its presence at E3 will include a good amount of content playable for attendees.
"People will have opportunities to play it," he said. "That's the thing I want to emphasize. We're not trying to sell it tomorrow, there will be multiple unveils. Out biggest industry event is E3 coming up in June and there will be a lot of playable content on the floor."
Tretton added that the general public, whom are not admitted to E3, will also get hands-on time with the PlayStation 4 before it hits store shelves.
"Consumers will get their opportunities before it ships," he said. "We know who our consumers are and we're going to get out product in their hands."
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: What? (Wed 23 April)
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Changing Posting Name
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)
- Twitch Stream: Titanfall (One Match)
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 2sday (Tue 22 April)
- Polygon Feast & Fitness Vol. 3
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant