In a recent interview, Tretton said that Sony's newest console will have "multiple unveils" and its presence at E3 will include a good amount of content playable for attendees.
"People will have opportunities to play it," he said. "That's the thing I want to emphasize. We're not trying to sell it tomorrow, there will be multiple unveils. Out biggest industry event is E3 coming up in June and there will be a lot of playable content on the floor."
Tretton added that the general public, whom are not admitted to E3, will also get hands-on time with the PlayStation 4 before it hits store shelves.
"Consumers will get their opportunities before it ships," he said. "We know who our consumers are and we're going to get out product in their hands."
- This is a video game (and it's the best thing ever)
- The Sims 4 gameplay video - 48 hours in the life of a Sim
- Here's your first look at Dead or Alive 5 Last Round on PS4 and Xbox One
- Nearly 1K developers sign letter to end intolerance in the games community (update)
- There is a human inside this insane Metal Gear cosplay
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: What is this thing? Is this interesting? - Tue Sep 2
- Looking for good JRPGs on PS3, help needed
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- Let's talk about the Guardians of the Galaxy film
- Forum moderation?
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Woady Reviews Anime: Whisper of the Heart