Elemental: Fallen Enchantress, Stardock Entertainment's fantasy-themed strategy game, received an update today that brought a new spell, squashed many bugs, added balance, sharpened AI behavior and more, according to a post on the game's official forum.
Update 1.3 includes the addition of a spell called Majesty and fixes for events, quests, crashes and a game save corruption bug. The developer has also balanced several systems, many of which provide more items like gold, grain and material. AI has been overhauled allowing them to sell their loot at an item shop, work for peace rather than war and determine player value over time with the overhauled "Diplomacy Relations" system. You can see a full list of the many changes here.
Released last year, the game was created under the leadership of lead designer Derek Paxton (Fall from Heaven) and campaign designer Jon Shafer (Civilization V), the latter of whom recently formed Conifer Games. A standalone expansion, Fallen Enchantress - Legendary Heroes, is scheduled to launch in April with new enemies, abilities, combat options and more.
- Dwarf Fortress will crush your CPU because creating history is hard
- In the face of recent wins, Nintendo's lack of online functions is no longer forgivable
- This is the most accurate Pokémon trailer you'll ever watch
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- Launching Civilization: Beyond Earth