Blizzard is bringing "a little something, different from our other games" to PAX East, according to an email invitation received by Polygon. That's in addition to the debut of Diablo 3 for console.
"It's not a sequel, expansion, or that rumored next-gen MMO, but it's something we're excited for you to get your hands on," the invitation reads. A representative later clarified to Polygon that the "new Blizzard project" alluded to in the email was not Diablo 3, despite the Diablo imagery used in the invitation.
Blizzard's official presentation for its mystery project will take place in PAX East's Naga Theater on Friday, March 22 at 10 a.m.
Last week, Blizzard announced that Diablo 3 is headed to PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3, which the developer says will have its "formal debut" at PAX East. The invite may also reference Blizzard All-Stars (formerly known as Blizzard DOTA), which StarCraft 2 production director Chris Sigaty recently confirmed that the developer is actively working on. Given the strong board and card game contingent at PAX, the project may also be something outside the realm of video games.
PAX East will be held March 22-24, and Polygon will be there to bring you all the news.
- Proof '90s kids playing video games are cooler than kids today
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Eve's new executive producer has a plan to attract new players with the help of old ones
- Game of Thrones' Maisie Williams in talks for The Last of Us movie
- Lords of the Fallen pre-orders get free upgrade to Limited Edition
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri July 25
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- What's your favorite silly game?
- DESTINY disappointment?
- PLAYSTATION WONT SIGN IN
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Women in Games: A Reaction