Blizzard is bringing "a little something, different from our other games" to PAX East, according to an email invitation received by Polygon. That's in addition to the debut of Diablo 3 for console.
"It's not a sequel, expansion, or that rumored next-gen MMO, but it's something we're excited for you to get your hands on," the invitation reads. A representative later clarified to Polygon that the "new Blizzard project" alluded to in the email was not Diablo 3, despite the Diablo imagery used in the invitation.
Blizzard's official presentation for its mystery project will take place in PAX East's Naga Theater on Friday, March 22 at 10 a.m.
Last week, Blizzard announced that Diablo 3 is headed to PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3, which the developer says will have its "formal debut" at PAX East. The invite may also reference Blizzard All-Stars (formerly known as Blizzard DOTA), which StarCraft 2 production director Chris Sigaty recently confirmed that the developer is actively working on. Given the strong board and card game contingent at PAX, the project may also be something outside the realm of video games.
PAX East will be held March 22-24, and Polygon will be there to bring you all the news.
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 20
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 16.2: Chris Houlihan was here. Shhhhhhhhhh, its a secret to everyone.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Tue Aug 19
- Feature to track games?
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Share your treasured Pokémon stories with us