Blizzard is bringing "a little something, different from our other games" to PAX East, according to an email invitation received by Polygon. That's in addition to the debut of Diablo 3 for console.
"It's not a sequel, expansion, or that rumored next-gen MMO, but it's something we're excited for you to get your hands on," the invitation reads. A representative later clarified to Polygon that the "new Blizzard project" alluded to in the email was not Diablo 3, despite the Diablo imagery used in the invitation.
Blizzard's official presentation for its mystery project will take place in PAX East's Naga Theater on Friday, March 22 at 10 a.m.
Last week, Blizzard announced that Diablo 3 is headed to PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3, which the developer says will have its "formal debut" at PAX East. The invite may also reference Blizzard All-Stars (formerly known as Blizzard DOTA), which StarCraft 2 production director Chris Sigaty recently confirmed that the developer is actively working on. Given the strong board and card game contingent at PAX, the project may also be something outside the realm of video games.
PAX East will be held March 22-24, and Polygon will be there to bring you all the news.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: M! (Wed 16 Apr)
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- Controller Design Competition
- What characters would you guys like to see on the new Super Smash Bros?
- Scrolling front page - can't access bottom banner
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol.2, No.7: Warai, Warai!
- Any clues to why it is called Second Son?