Blizzard is bringing "a little something, different from our other games" to PAX East, according to an email invitation received by Polygon. That's in addition to the debut of Diablo 3 for console.
"It's not a sequel, expansion, or that rumored next-gen MMO, but it's something we're excited for you to get your hands on," the invitation reads. A representative later clarified to Polygon that the "new Blizzard project" alluded to in the email was not Diablo 3, despite the Diablo imagery used in the invitation.
Blizzard's official presentation for its mystery project will take place in PAX East's Naga Theater on Friday, March 22 at 10 a.m.
Last week, Blizzard announced that Diablo 3 is headed to PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3, which the developer says will have its "formal debut" at PAX East. The invite may also reference Blizzard All-Stars (formerly known as Blizzard DOTA), which StarCraft 2 production director Chris Sigaty recently confirmed that the developer is actively working on. Given the strong board and card game contingent at PAX, the project may also be something outside the realm of video games.
PAX East will be held March 22-24, and Polygon will be there to bring you all the news.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- What's your favorite silly game?
- What's the deal with DS2: Sunken Crown walkthrough?
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- Tell Us Your Story
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Nicalis hints at Gex Remake