The latest trailer for Guerrilla Games' Killzone: Shadow Fall gives us an idea of the Cold War-inspired conflict in the upcoming first-person shooter.
While the brief trailer contains footage seen in last week's announcement trailer and debut gameplay demo, it features a voice-over that appears to come from the Helghast, the enemies in Shadow Fall.
"We are the generation forged in the fires," says the soldier. "And this is our day."
Shadow Fall takes place 30 years after the events of Killzone 3, during which life on the Helghast home planet, Helghan, was essentially wiped out in a war. Shadow Fall finds the Helghast living alongside Vektans on the planet Vekta, with a massive wall separating the two factions.
Killzone: Shadow Fall was announced during the PlayStation 4 unveiling last week. It is set to be a launch title for Sony's new console, which will be released this holiday season. For more, check out our interview with two developers from Guerrilla Games.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Tell Us Your Story
- RIP Friends List?
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Wait. Could the iPad Mini be a better gaming handheld than the PSVita?
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)
- Hi, nice to meet you.