The latest trailer for Guerrilla Games' Killzone: Shadow Fall gives us an idea of the Cold War-inspired conflict in the upcoming first-person shooter.
While the brief trailer contains footage seen in last week's announcement trailer and debut gameplay demo, it features a voice-over that appears to come from the Helghast, the enemies in Shadow Fall.
"We are the generation forged in the fires," says the soldier. "And this is our day."
Shadow Fall takes place 30 years after the events of Killzone 3, during which life on the Helghast home planet, Helghan, was essentially wiped out in a war. Shadow Fall finds the Helghast living alongside Vektans on the planet Vekta, with a massive wall separating the two factions.
Killzone: Shadow Fall was announced during the PlayStation 4 unveiling last week. It is set to be a launch title for Sony's new console, which will be released this holiday season. For more, check out our interview with two developers from Guerrilla Games.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: M! (Wed 16 Apr)
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Contest Resumes: Infamous: Second Son - Win a statue of Delsin Rowe
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol.2, No.7: Warai, Warai!
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Where's Polygon? (Tue 15 Apr)
- The Secret Ending (spoilers)
- The best song in a video game?
- Gamertag Hook-Ups
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- Pax East: Bring us your Polygon Scavenger Hunt photos, Vines and stories