Splinter Cell: Blacklist may be coming to Wii U, according to listings on the LinkedIn profiles of two Ubisoft employees.
The LinkedIn profiles of Ubisoft line designer Pascal Allancon and game tester Robin Dhar both cited work done on Splinter Cell: Blacklist. The listings mentioned Nintendo's Wii U in addition to Blacklist's previously-announced platforms, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Windows PC. Both profiles have since removed the information, though screengrabs of both profiles exist courtesy of Go Nintendo and Joystiq.
Last fall, user "Thraktor" posted a photo to the NeoGAF forums, reportedly taken at a GameStop in Dublin, showing a wall of pre-order games labeled for Wii U. The photo included cases for Splinter Cell: Blacklist on Wii U in the center.
Polygon has reached out to Ubisoft and will provide additional information as we receive it.
Splinter Cell: Blacklist is slated to launch on August 20.
- My mother made me a gamer, and gave me the skills to deal with her death
- Political-based strategy game ReignMaker now available for PC via Steam
- MLB The Show's neatest trick was not as easy as it looks
- Conception 2 review: bad romance
- Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies, Street Fighter vets and more designing Magic 2015 cards