Electronic Arts will host a one-day conference next week including panels and open dialogues on lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender issues in the video game industry, the company announced today.
The invite-only LGBT Full Spectrum event will be held on March 7 in New York City. The event will include talks on topics including the creation of "authentic" LGBT characters and game scenarios, establishing work environments that are friendly towards LGBT employees and the origins of homophobia in video games.
Baltimore Ravens linebacker Brendon Ayanbadejo will host a talk on creating an "inclusive culture" for LGBT employees and the legalization of same-sex marriage. Members of LGBT support group the Human Rights Campaign, private social working group the Ford Foundation and industry professionals will also be in attendance to discuss equality issues within the gaming community.
Last fall representatives from EA told GamesIndustry that the LGBT themes in the company's titles and its support of the LGBT community were a non-issue among investors. In November, EA and Microsoft were named among the most LGBT-friendly work environments by the HRC.
- State of Decay's Lifeline DLC is just the start of Undead Labs' 'long-term ambitions'
- Why the makers of Guacamelee decided to make a touch game about a one-armed woman
- Political-based strategy game ReignMaker now available for PC via Steam
- Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies, Street Fighter vets and more designing Magic 2015 cards
- MLB The Show's neatest trick was not as easy as it looks
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Easter Monday MMXIV (Mon 21 April)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- What characters would you guys like to see on the new Super Smash Bros?
- Does anyone else's NBA 2K14 audio cut out?
- Game contoller for PC
- Polygon Feast & Fitness Vol. 3
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Polygon Connect: The Great "Gamertag/PSN ID/Whatever" Roundup