The Xbox 360 servers for Nexuiz, Illfonic's arena-based shooter, have been taken offline, according to a post on the game's official Facebook page.
"It was fun while it lasted on there, and we are glad you guys enjoyed the game!" the update reads. "Unfortunately, the Xbox servers were controlled by THQ and in the current state, cannot be maintained anymore. Since the PC servers are different and can be controlled 100% by Illfonic, they will remain online and functional. Thanks!"
The Nexuiz remake launched last February on Xbox 360 though a publishing deal with THQ Partners. Polygon spoke to Illfonic president Chuck Brungardt recently about the game's future, and he told us that the developer was "still trying to figure out what this means and awaiting details from our contacts handling the transitions at THQ."
Yesterday, THQ announced that many of its remaining assets and intellectual properties — including the publishing agreement for Nexuiz as well as the Darksiders, Red Faction and Homeworld properties — would be auctioned off in the coming months.
- Accused Airbnb squatter: 'Would squat again'
- The 'Mad Max: Fury Road' trailer is the most impressive thing to come out of Comic-Con
- San Diego Comic-Con 2014: All the news from pop culture's biggest event
- The best new video game toys from Comic-Con
- Lucy Lawless: New Wonder Woman looks like 'Xena meets Spartacus'