Naughty Dog developers discuss in detail the inspiration and characteristics of The Last of Us' Infected in the first installment of the game's developer diaries, titled "Hush."
Neil Druckman creative director said that inspiration for the Infected came from a BBC Planet Earth documentary that featured Cordyceps fungus.
"As soon as we saw it we were intrigued by the idea of what if it jumped to humans? What interesting ways would it take over a human," he says.
Phillip Kovats audio lead pointed out: "A very big directive from the very beginning was they're not zombies."
Extended cuts of The Last of Us Development video series will be available on the game disc.
The Last of Us set for a June 14 release on PlayStation 3.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Polygon Off-Topic Weekender: We broke 1K! (8-9 March)
- I feel PC is a better investment than a console
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- When Gameplay coincides with the story
- Battlefield 4 forum?
- Dracul: Now not a Dick
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Do Polynauts dream of analog sheep? (Fri 7 Mar)
- XBOne Classifieds