Naughty Dog developers discuss in detail the inspiration and characteristics of The Last of Us' Infected in the first installment of the game's developer diaries, titled "Hush."
Neil Druckman creative director said that inspiration for the Infected came from a BBC Planet Earth documentary that featured Cordyceps fungus.
"As soon as we saw it we were intrigued by the idea of what if it jumped to humans? What interesting ways would it take over a human," he says.
Phillip Kovats audio lead pointed out: "A very big directive from the very beginning was they're not zombies."
Extended cuts of The Last of Us Development video series will be available on the game disc.
The Last of Us set for a June 14 release on PlayStation 3.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Public Holidays = Relax! (Fri 18 Apr)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: PLACE HAND HERE! (Thu 17 Apr)
- Which platform will you get Dark Souls 2 on?
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- inFamous Screenshot Potluck Extravaganza!
- The best song in a video game?
- Controller Design Competition
- PC/MAC Strategy Games Like Warcraft II
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward