New box art for Ubisoft's next installment in the Assassin's Creed series, Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag, was released by the publisher this morning.
The image shows a first look at a new assassin, who appears to carry at least three guns as well as a cutlass, against the backdrop of a pirate ship. This follows the apparent leak of a poster for the new title earlier in the week which, while at the time not officially confirmed by Ubisoft, also features an iconic assassin battling a handful of pirates aboard a ship.
According to a packshot made available by Ubisoft, the game's PlayStation 3 edition will in addition include 60 minutes of exclusive gameplay. The game will release to PS3, Xbox 360, PC and Wii U.
We attended events for the game in New York, London and San Francisco and will be publishing those stories on March 4 at 12 p.m EST.
Correction: The article initially referenced an allegedly leaked image found earlier today on the official Ubisoft forums.
- How a video game helped save my sanity
- Dragon Quest Heroes brings the series back to PlayStation in Dynasty Warriors style
- The New Nintendo 3DS is everything fun, exhausting, about Nintendo's strategy
- Persona 5 coming to PS3 and PS4 in 2015
- Disgaea 5, Earth Defense Force, Ys, Gundam and Senran Kagura coming to PS4
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (September 2014)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Good graphics cards for £80-110?
- Help Nipah build a PC
- On Being A "Gamer"
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Reconsidering Columbine
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- What is your Current Game of the Year?