New box art for Ubisoft's next installment in the Assassin's Creed series, Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag, was released by the publisher this morning.
The image shows a first look at a new assassin, who appears to carry at least three guns as well as a cutlass, against the backdrop of a pirate ship. This follows the apparent leak of a poster for the new title earlier in the week which, while at the time not officially confirmed by Ubisoft, also features an iconic assassin battling a handful of pirates aboard a ship.
According to a packshot made available by Ubisoft, the game's PlayStation 3 edition will in addition include 60 minutes of exclusive gameplay. The game will release to PS3, Xbox 360, PC and Wii U.
We attended events for the game in New York, London and San Francisco and will be publishing those stories on March 4 at 12 p.m EST.
Correction: The article initially referenced an allegedly leaked image found earlier today on the official Ubisoft forums.
- XBOne Classifieds
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Where's Polygon? (Tue 15 Apr)
- Getting a PS4
- What characters would you guys like to see on the new Super Smash Bros?
- Polygon Connect: The Great "Gamertag/PSN ID/Whatever" Roundup
- Gamertag Hook-Ups
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol.2, No.7: Warai, Warai!
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- I have 1 dribbble invite