New box art for Ubisoft's next installment in the Assassin's Creed series, Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag, was released by the publisher this morning.
The image shows a first look at a new assassin, who appears to carry at least three guns as well as a cutlass, against the backdrop of a pirate ship. This follows the apparent leak of a poster for the new title earlier in the week which, while at the time not officially confirmed by Ubisoft, also features an iconic assassin battling a handful of pirates aboard a ship.
According to a packshot made available by Ubisoft, the game's PlayStation 3 edition will in addition include 60 minutes of exclusive gameplay. The game will release to PS3, Xbox 360, PC and Wii U.
We attended events for the game in New York, London and San Francisco and will be publishing those stories on March 4 at 12 p.m EST.
Correction: The article initially referenced an allegedly leaked image found earlier today on the official Ubisoft forums.
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- Nintendo lost $97M last quarter even with the success of Mario Kart 8
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- Sherlock Holmes shooting at Watson is just the beginning of this 25 minute gameplay trailer
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- What's your favorite silly game?
- RIP Friends List?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Tell Us Your Story