Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 will not be coming to Wii U consoles due to budget restrictions that make it too difficult to port the title to Nintendo's platform this late in the development cycle, producer Dave Cox told Eurogamer.
"The reason why we are developing it on PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 is simply because that's the amount of people we got," Cox said. "If we want to do a Wii U conversion, that's another 20 people. We just don't have the resources or the budget to do it."
Those required 20 additional staff members would have had be hired by Spanish developer MercurySteam, the studio behind the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC version of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2, he said.
"Game development is about managing resources," said Cox. "You say to yourself, can I take on another 20 people? It's just a nightmare to manage at this point. That's the only reason why we're not doing any other formats.
"Also, the MercurySteam office is at breaking point right now. It's rammed. They bought the office for 60 people, and there are 110 now. People are sitting on each other's laps almost. It's all these kind of logistical issues about the development."
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 and a Nintendo 3DS companion title, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate, were announced at last year's E3. The game is scheduled to launch in 2013.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 29
- Help Nipah build a PC
- Kingdom of Amalur - 10$ was the best deal ever
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- I'm going to make an AMV...and I need your help.
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- Calling all first team Polygon staff to the Set!
- how do i cross save olliolli from Vita to ps4
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Dancing Plante - Thu Aug 28