Epic Games will be out in full force at the 2013 Game Developers Conference: Among the company's plans for the show are meetings with development teams of all sizes, including indie studios, as well as panels and lectures.
Developers and publishers interested in licensing Epic's Unreal Engine can meet with representatives from Epic's headquarters, Epic Games Europe, Epic Games Korea, Epic Games Japan and Yingpei Games (formerly Epic Games China). Epic will also be making time for small teams — from 10-11 a.m. on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday of GDC 2013, the company will host drop-in hours devoted solely to indie developers.
Numerous Epic Games staff will appear on panels and give talks during GDC. Here's this year's schedule:
- Billy Bramer, Gameplay Programmer, Under Construction: Crafting Fortnite's Building System
- Jim Brown, Lead Level Designer, AAA Level Design in a Day Bootcamp
- Laura Fryer, General Manager (Seattle), Producer Bootcamp and The 3 Most Important Ingredients to Making Great Games: Motivation, Motivation, and Motivation!
- Wyeth Johnson, Art Director, Killer Portfolio or Portfolio Killer: Part 1 - Advice from Industry Artists and Killer Portfolio or Portfolio Killer: Part 2 - Portfolio Review
- Kevin Johnstone, Senior Environment Artist, Subtracting to Add: Environment Optimization Techniques, Killer Portfolio or Portfolio Killer: Part 1 - Advice from Industry Artists and Killer Portfolio or Portfolio Killer: Part 2 - Portfolio Review
- Bert Lewis, Lead Character Artist (Chair), Designing the 100+ Characters of Infinity Blade: Establishing Constrained Diversity
- Jonathan Lindquist, Technical Artist, The Inner Workings of Fortnite's Shader Based Procedural Animations
- Chris Mielke, Producer, Building Epic Worlds through the Strengths of Artsourcing
- Niklas Smedberg, Senior Engine Programmer, "Optimizing AAA Games for Mobile Platforms" (ARM theater, South #1124, Wednesday, March 27, 10:30 a.m.)
Epic Games will be located in suite 322 of the North Business Hall. GDC 2013 runs from March 25-29, 2013, at the Moscone Center in San Francisco. Polygon will be there to bring you all the developments from the show.
- Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell sends the Saints to Hell in 2015
- Nintendo reveals the New Nintendo 3DS
- Help us choose the best reader-designed Sunset Overdrive character
- The New Nintendo 3DS is everything fun, exhausting, about Nintendo's strategy
- Peggle 2 is coming to PlayStation 4
- Is Activision pondering a Take-Two takeover?
- More Dragon Quest games heading to mobile, including the original, very soon
- Themes are coming to Nintendo 3DS to make your old 3DS prettier
- Super Meat Boy Forever is an endless platformer, not a little 'throwaway game'
- Ambitious, beautiful multiplayer space combat game GoD Factory: Wingmen launches today