Capcom will patch the Wii U version of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate in April to unlock cross-region play between gamers in North America and Europe, the company announced today.
The decision was made "in response to community feedback," said Capcom in a press release announcing the title update. Capcom previously said Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate's multiplayer servers would be region-locked, a decision that drew a harsh outcry from Monster Hunter fans.
The patch will also enable off-TV play on the GamePad.
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate launches March 19 in North America and March 22 in Europe on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS. Demos for both versions are available now in the Nintendo eShop. For more details, check out our preview from New York Comic Con.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 29
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- how do i cross save olliolli from Vita to ps4
- Help Nipah build a PC
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Dancing Plante - Thu Aug 28
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- Nintendo Customer Service
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- On Being A "Gamer"