Capcom will patch the Wii U version of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate in April to unlock cross-region play between gamers in North America and Europe, the company announced today.
The decision was made "in response to community feedback," said Capcom in a press release announcing the title update. Capcom previously said Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate's multiplayer servers would be region-locked, a decision that drew a harsh outcry from Monster Hunter fans.
The patch will also enable off-TV play on the GamePad.
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate launches March 19 in North America and March 22 in Europe on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS. Demos for both versions are available now in the Nintendo eShop. For more details, check out our preview from New York Comic Con.
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Getting a PS4
- The Last of US DLC
- Polygon Off-Topic Weekender: We broke 1K! (8-9 March)
- PS4 Now or Wait Till Price Drop & Gaikai?
- The controller: will it get fixed?
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- WTB physical DS2 for PC in US