Capcom will patch the Wii U version of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate in April to unlock cross-region play between gamers in North America and Europe, the company announced today.
The decision was made "in response to community feedback," said Capcom in a press release announcing the title update. Capcom previously said Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate's multiplayer servers would be region-locked, a decision that drew a harsh outcry from Monster Hunter fans.
The patch will also enable off-TV play on the GamePad.
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate launches March 19 in North America and March 22 in Europe on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS. Demos for both versions are available now in the Nintendo eShop. For more details, check out our preview from New York Comic Con.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: What? (Wed 23 April)
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Changing Posting Name
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)
- Twitch Stream: Titanfall (One Match)
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 2sday (Tue 22 April)
- Polygon Feast & Fitness Vol. 3
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant