A free trial version of War of the Roses, Paradox Interactive's knight-based action game, will be available on Feb. 6, the company announced.
In War of the Roses, players control a customizable soldier loyal to either the House of York or the House of Lancaster. With the trial version, players can download and play the game. The trial will include access to all online battles, but will not allow players to unlock new content.
Paradox also announced that a new Kingmaker gold edition would release sometime this year and will grant players access to all of the content released since the game's launch in October 2012. Additionally, Kingmaker will include new modes Assault and Assault Castle, which focus on team-based scenarios.
Finally, British actor Brian Blessed (Wizards vs. Aliens, The Legend of Dick and Dom) will lend his voice to the game as a narrator in upcoming downloadable content. A release date for that content has not been announced.
- Win a one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Notorious Airbnb squatter may be the dev behind two flailing Kickstarter games
- Report: Google to acquire Twitch for $1 billion
- Skylanders launching more powerful premium figures this fall
- Sunset Overdrive's character customization is serious business